How dental veneers can disguise imperfections of the smile
If you are considering a way to erase the imperfections of your smile and reveal the best version of yourself, it may be time to talk to Dr. Cheng Zhu of Freedom Dental in Fairfield, California, about the benefits of porcelain veneers!
What are porcelain veneers?
Many patients visiting our office are curious about the options available to enhance their smile. Porcelain veneers may be the solution when imperfections such as discoloration, irregular shaping, or chips and cracks in the front teeth become bothersome. These are thin facings that bond over the front of a tooth to disguise flaws in a completely natural way. Some patients may opt for a single porcelain veneer to address one tooth, while others may consider covering many of the front teeth for a complete smile transformation!
What can porcelain veneers fix?
The following problems are resolved with porcelain veneers:
- Chipped and cracked teeth
- Uneven tooth shaping
- Discoloration and staining
- Natural wear and damage
- Misaligned teeth
- Mismatched tooth sizes
- Gaps between the front teeth
What are the steps in receiving porcelain veneers?
- Consultation. When working with Dr. Zhu, you need to ensure that porcelain veneers will match your needs. A consultation appointment is the best time to ask questions about this treatment and better understand the process.
- Assessment. Digital scans and x-rays may be taken to assess the health of the smile and teeth before pursuing porcelain veneers.
- Preview. Our office provides a set of temporary veneers for you to try to see if you like the new look!
- Adjustments. After your temporary trial, you return to the dental office to discuss your desires for permanent veneers. Impressions are taken to create veneers at an outside laboratory.
- Placement. Once complete, you will return to our office to remove your temporaries and affix your final restorations.
Do you live in the Fairfield, California area and are considering porcelain veneers?
Schedule a consultation visit with Dr. Cheng Zhu and his professional team at Freedom Dental to discuss your needs. Our office is at 2201 Boynton Avenue, and you can reach us by calling (707) 416-0626 to request an appointment. We serve patients in Fairfield, Rockville, Mankas Corner, Vacaville Junction, Green Valley, Cordelia, and Vacaville, CA.
Veneers are thin handcrafted porcelain shields worn on the front of the tooth which improve the appearance of teeth that are chipped, cracked, stained or worn. Veneers are thin as contact lenses, and are an aesthetically pleasing option of closing gaps, lengthening teeth, and providing symmetry to make your smile more natural. Veneers are intended to last for many years without changing color. They are one of the most popular cosmetic procedures in dentistry. Ask your dentist if veneers may be right for you.